Sunday, September 8, 2013

You know I'm fat

When I was little my brothers had a Weird Al VHS with a bunch of his music videos on it. VHS... I know I know, I am old... and you all are too if you know what I am talking about. :) I can relate to this song because I just had a baby 8 weeks ago. I have only lost his birth weight. Before you get all crazy and think I have low self esteem.... I don't. I understand it took 9 months to put on and it will take a while to come off. It is just frustrating. It is frustrating to not fit into any of your clothes. I am at that awful stage where maternity clothes are too big, and my regular clothes are too small. There is a pile of clothes on the floor of my closet of all the clothes I have tried on, realized they were too small, and thrown on the ground. I have bought some clothes to wear in the meantime, but don't want to buy too many "fat clothes" because I don't plan on being 20 pounds over weight for very long. :) Which brings me to my point. I haven't been able to craft very much because of my sweet little boy, so I thought I would just share my favorite work out videos. Not all of us can have a gym membership for whatever reason, and workout videos are a perfect way to get in some exercise while the little ones are napping (or in my case crying the whole time). I have A LOT of DVDs. A lot. I say it twice because my husband wants me to get rid of them all. So if for some crazy reason I could only keep 3 they would be these...in no particular order.




I have more than one biggest loser workout. I LOVE THEM. I like them because you start out with a 30 minute workout and add onto it from there. I like this one because my love handles are always sore after I do it. :)



I also love any Jillian workout. I like this one because it isn't straight cardio. She does circuits: 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs. It makes it do-able. You also start out easier and work your way up to the hard ones. If you are like my sister Suzy you do all three levels at once holding 15 pound weights in your hand for the whole thing.... but I haven't quite reached that fitness level yet. I also like this DVD because it is 30 minutes for each workout. Great for when you don't have a lot of time.





Ellen Barret... love her too. She does pilates inspired workouts. All of her DVDs in "The Studio Series" I love. I like variety and her workouts are not as high intensity as the Bob Harper or Jillian Michaels. I like Skinny Sculpt because you are holding light weights for most of the workout so it is a great workout for your arms. Just when you think you can't hold the weights any longer, you switch to abs. She also stretches you very well and I love how you feel at the end of it.




Even after putting these three down I can still think of a lot more I would never give up. :) Good thing I will never have to. What are your favorite workout DVDs? I am always on the look out for more. Enjoy your work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment