Monday, June 13, 2011

Poop Cookies

Sounds disgusting doesn't it? The cookies are actually called no bake cookies. These cookies are very nostalgic for me. From as far back as I can remember my mom would make these for us. I think they were my dad's favorite or something. As kids we decided that they looked like some sort of droppings, hence the name.... poop cookies. I have passed this on to my own children, unfortunately, and the poop cookie legacy lives on.

I actually really like making these because THEY DON'T TAKE VERY MUCH TIME. And you don't have to turn your oven on. In no time at all you can have a wonderfully delicious chocolate peanut butter treat. I will have to give stuff like this up soon when I am trying to lose the baby weight, but until then..... I can't help myself. The key to this recipe is all timing. You only boil the ingredients for 1 minute and have to hurry to put them on the wax paper. If you boil them just right they turn out shiny. Look how shiny and perfect they are mom. I was proud of this batch.




"Poop Cookies"


2 1/2 cups sugar

3 Tablespoons cocoa

1/2 cup milk

1 stick of butter

1/2 cut peanut butter

3 cups quick oatmeal




Boil sugar, cocoa, milk and butter together for 1 MINUTE. Remove from heat.


Add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal


Drop by teaspoons on on waxed paper and cool.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. We love poop cookies too. But Chris is the poop cookie maker in our family. I guess he got those great poop cookie genes from your side of the family :)

    ReplyDelete